Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Books, Books, Books

The day I read that my post was selected for the Blueprint for Change conest on Blogadda, I was very excited. My excitement was more on the fact that I have won not one but three books and less on winning.  I really love reading books and the more books I get to read the more happy I am.

Thank you Blogadda for sending me these fabulous books. I will write a review for each of the book, after reading.


By Nilanjana Roy
 
In the labyrinthine alleys and ruins of Nizamuddin, an old neighbourhood in Delhi, lives a small band of cats. Unfettered and wild, they fear no one, go where they will, and do as they please. Until, one day, a terrified orange-coloured kitten with monsoon green eyes and remarkable powers, lands in their midst—the first in a series of extraordinary events that threatens to annihilate them and everything they hold dear.


By Musharraf Ali Farooqi
In an old ruined city, emptied of most of its inhabitants, Ustad Ramzi, a famous wrestler past his prime, and Gohar Jan, a well-known courtesan whose kotha once attracted the wealthy and the eminent, contemplate the former splendour of their lives and the ruthless currents of time and history that have swept them into oblivion.

By Cyrus Mistry
A harrowing and indelible tale of star-crossed love that takes place in the little-known community of Parsi corpse-bearers in Bombay, Cyrus Mistry’s new novel is a moving account of tragic love that, at the same time, brings to vivid and unforgettable life the degradation experienced by those who inhabit the unforgiving margins of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment